About restrictions imposed on the entry to the Russian Federation from March 18 to May 1, 2020 due to the spread of coronavirus infection
hinder the spread of a coronavirus infection in the Russian Federation, the
Government of the Russian Federation has decided (Decree No. 635-p of March
16, 2020) to temporarily restrict the entry of foreign citizens and
stateless persons, including those travelling from the Republic of Belarus
and citizens of the Republic of Belarus, to the Russian Federation from
March 18 to May 1, 2020.
These restrictions do not apply to the following persons:
- accredited and assigned staff of diplomatic missions and consular offices
of foreign states in the Russian Federation, international organisations and
their missions, other official missions of foreign states in the Russian
Federation as well as family members of the mentioned persons;
- drivers of motor vehicles serving international routes, aircraft and ship
crews, railway crews serving international routes;
- members of official delegations, holders of diplomatic and service visas
as well as private visas issued due to the death of an immediate relative;
- persons permanently residing in the Russian Federation;
- transit air passengers who do not need Russian entry visa.
Due to this fact since March 18, 2020 the Embassy of the Russian
Federation in Oslo as well as Consulates General in Kirkenes and Barentsburg
have temporarily stopped to receive applications from foreign citizens and
stateless persons and issue all categories of visas, excluding:
- diplomatic and service visas;
- ordinary business visas for drivers of motor vehicles serving
international routes, aircraft and ship crews, railway crews serving
- ordinary private visas for foreign citizens and stateless persons going
to Russia due to the death of an immediate relative provided that they
present documents confirming this circumstance – a verified international
telegram or a copy of death certificate as well as a copy of a document
confirming applicant’s kinship status.
Processing of electronic visas is suspended.
These measures are introduced because of extraordinary circumstances and